Saturday, November 18, 2006

Ranch 1; Miranda 2

Pre-game stats:
4 dogs - 3 border collies (one 3 month old puppy), 1 manure eating cockapoo
16 chickens - Barnevelders and Plymouth Rocks, 1 nasty egg-laying bitch
4 feral kats - marmalade, black and tabby
1 herd of coyotes
1 4 bedroom house
1 fireplace - 3 wheelbarrows of wood packed/2 used

Hour 40

So far I've mopped up at least a cup of puppy pee and possess two small puppy incisor bites on my calf. Damn you Aritzia - why can't you make jogging pant weave as thick as denim. I've feed all the animals twice now and they all seem happy and healthy. I was never given direction about how much to feed them so I think they may all need to go the animal fat camp when my family returns.

My prose productivity is low low low. I'm using my stepmom's desk as a workstation. It looks out onto the lawn under the willow tree, the chicken coop, the horse field and if I crane my neck, the side porch. Oh and the awesome rolling mountains/hills of Lower Nicola. Lots of daydreaming is interupting my website rewrite due next Weds. Every time I look up the chickens are gathered in the corner of the coop closest to me, staring expectantly.

The only incident to report besides my snagged jogging pants: the first night the dogs all decided to have a bark off with a pack of marauding coyotes. I was sure the cockapoo, Max, was going to be eaten for all his arrogant woofs. Luckily his breath smells like rotten groundbeef and manure, which drove them off. My dad called that night (the night before the left Van for CR) and said that this happens every night unless the cockapoo comes in early. Not to worry the chickens and dogs are safe. Deep sigh of relief.

The internet is dial up - like organic, unsweetened peanut butter with the oil all on top - slow. But at least the water is clear and drinkable.

Score: the Ranch 1; Me 2. Ha!

1 Comments:

At 4:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

cha ching! yeh Miranda! yee ha! for score!(reminisant of NKOB concert! 'oh mom') you make me smile.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home