Wednesday, October 04, 2006

from Brooklyn with love

I recently received a copy of "Smart women finish rich" in the mail. I'm going to dive into it once I'm finished another financial planning book (ironic that now I'm making less moola, all the sudden managing it is way more interesting). A former Vancouver resident and Joseph party smoocher penned an interesting article in today's globe and mail. Apparently richer, more educated women are more likely to experience orgasm than not-so-wealthy ladies lacking post-secondary education....

Last night Miss E and I went to see TV on the Radio. It's the first time I've ever been to a completely sold out show at the Commodore. We were stage left for the first part of the show and then moved up to the balcony and then down behind the sound guy for the finale. I'm no music reviewer but I appreciated the crowd's enthusiasm for the band. Vancouver is notorious for its deadbeat crowds. There were about 1000 people crushing the actualy dance floor part of the ballroom, smushed up against each other to watch the lead singer do his thing. By half way through there was some dancing going on. A particularly tree-like fellow's hands were raised for most of the show evangelically worshipping the boys from Brooklyn.

If the $29 tix value was measured in gesticulations I'd say we got our money's worth. Lead singer Tunde Adebimpe's hands have a choreography of their own - part hip hop, part gospel and all motion. I only own their older album. I was super stoked that the show was about half older material and half new. Because I wasn't as familiar with "Return to Cookie Mountain", I was a little lost sometimes. But, being an appreciator of movement and people, I found enough to gawk at while Miss E sang the words to TVOTR's newer offerings.

1 Comments:

At 2:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

After our sewing lessons, I would like a coles notes version of how smart women finish rich! ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home