Tuesday, September 12, 2006

morning person

Allegedly there are only two more nice days left before Vancouver settles into a rainy fall. This morning I capitalized wanted to get a last dose of sunshine, so I trekked out to third beach. It's a post card day in Stanley Park. Just above third beach I discovered (not like a pioneer or Vasco de Gama or anything) a little fountain. Did you know it was there? The pool is about 2 feet deep and someone has filled it with hydrangeas. It's dedicated to an aristocratic looking lady, whose name I can't remember, that lived from 1883-1917. It reminded me of the little flowery bog I used to play in when I was about 12 and obsessed with Anne of Green Gables.

It's also a random Vancouver art day. As I was walking back along the seawall the tide was up but shallow. The visibility to the barnicled rocks and silky sand was awesome. Some small child has lost his bright blue shorts because they were just sort of rippling under water, not floating, not sinking. Like the cover of a Coupland book or a 'new Canadian artist' show at the VAG.

Being a morning person is fun.

Did anyone watch the Passionate Eye last night - the 9/11 documentary - "
The Falling Man". So sad - the whole story of the twin tower jumpers was filled with so much pride and shame for New Yorkers and Christians. I don't really understand. But then again I'm not from New York nor am I a Christian.

1 Comments:

At 6:34 AM , Blogger Dawn and Fred plus one said...

I'm totally a morning person! I baked oatmeal raisin cookies this morning before work. Yum!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home