Tuesday, June 06, 2006

lurv is in the air


People are falling in lurv or proclaiming their lurv left, right and centre of me. I am in the vortex of a cushy movement of kisses, hugs, weddings, babies and fly-across-BC visits. Luckily one of us (ie. me) has her feet planted on the terra firma and am able to think rationally during this whirlwind of l-o-v-e. Rather than regale you with tales of how someone knew she was in love after one day or how love still persists after the birth of a baby, lactating boobs and years of togetherness, I'll spare you - us. Instead I thought I'd reflect on some of the kinds of love - bus or non-bus dependent- I've encountered in the last few months.
  1. Robert Indiana's sculpture on Georgia Street. Now that I am a WestEnder I get to stroll to work in the morning. While the glorious sun showers me with UVs and the traffic puffs by I get to see the LOVE sculpture on Georgia Street (er or maybe its Pender?). It's modelled after the one I saw on my way to the MOMA in NYC (pictured).
  2. Retail love. Contrary to the typical Vancouver shopping experience I've received some fantastico retail help lately. One girl even offered to help me put dress on at Dream during GoGastown. To bad my back is as wide as a football player's. Mind you she was tottering a bit with a glass of chardonnay slooshing around in her hand. Maybe she was just one of thos 'nice' drunk people. Then there are the Victoria boys at Complex on Abbott. They are truly the nicest hip hop boys around. Then my old party hound girlfriend at Paradise Cove in Victoria who sold me my new fave long shirt.
  3. Belly love. My girlfriend had her annual birthday extravaganza in Victoria the last weekend of May. The birthday girl invited her belly dance instructor to come over and give us all lessons. They really work your, ahem, love muscles. I think I'm going to take some more lessons. My past experience as a wannabe bhangra dancer should come in handy.
  4. Cell phone love. I love my cell phone. It's now my only link to the outside world since my move into my pink kitchened-bathroomed bachelorette pad. Lots of others like their cellphones too. In fact I've seen countless 15-30 year olds be on the bus, in restaurants and at the bar together and do nothing but hold hands, neck and text or talk on their cell phones but never to each other. Romantic huh?
  5. Crack love. Refer to Commercial and Broadway or Hastings and Carrol around the middle of the month for more info.
  6. Food love. Each Tuesday I take the #44 out to UBC for my Food and Travel writing class. I lurv it. Our instructor loves food. He's very passionate about artisan foods and travel and it makes me just want to pick up and take off. Or instead I could start an international dinner club. I used to know someone who was in one. Takers?
  7. Video blog lurv. My fellow recent car owner friend Mel features some pretty funny videos on her blog. Check it out. Makes me want to get a life.
  8. Bus driver love. Nothing spells compassion more when you have to run for the bus, pushing people out of the way, to catch the bus as its pulling away and the driver slams on the brakes. Opens the door. Score.
  9. Birthday love. I had one recently. Cards, gifts, kisses, red wine (lots and lots) and food came my way. Thanks.
  10. Adult contempo love. I discovered an Eric Clapton CD last night unpacking. Listened to it, drinking my beer alone in my new place. Felt very grownup, if not a little alcoholic.
  11. Fug love. I am a bitch. I'm glad I'm not alone. Thanks for the hookup Elly.

That's all the love for now.

xo

3 Comments:

At 11:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can represent the irish rippies. Can you cook cabbage?

 
At 10:19 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

who knew you could feel the love through the internet. but wow. i can. everything is oozing love. ooze on.
miss you miranda!

 
At 1:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

[b]NationalClicks.com-Free Adult, Sexy Videos, Pictures, Games.[/b]

[b]**NOTE:[/b] We are your ONLY Free Softcore Adult Playground with over 20 Free Social Communities built towards your favorite fantasy.

You don't have a favorite fantasy? You should.

Maybe its Hot Teachers, Hot Mom's, Hot Wives, Lingerie, Daisy Dukes, Nip Slips, Sexy Legs, Booty or Panties.

Don't worry, we have you covered.

With over 20 Free Hot Social Communities to upload Pictures, Videos and Blogs we are sure to have what you want.


[b]Check it out, have some fun, interact and enjoy all the free stuff.
[/b]

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home