Friday, June 02, 2006

so long sucka

Last night I had my last ride home from work on the skybus and the #9. It was a little bitter sweet. There were the usual smells, junkies, pushy senior citizens, drunken youths. As one close to my heart says, "the folks at Commerical and Broadway are people of distinction." As of Saturday I'll be living in trolley bus land - the West End. I finally found a sweet, mini-abode to rest my laurels until I figure out what to do with my life (ie. Vancouver: should I stay or should I go?) I'm excited, but of course a little tense. Who likes moving anyway? Luckily I've got two great Merritt exports to help me.

I'll miss East Van. I fully intend to hop in the Fox on the weekends to venture east of Ontario Street for my produce (Donald's) and moule frites (Stella's). I'll definitely be coming this way for the Commercial Drive Car Free Festival via transit, of course. Maybe then I can live my glory days on the #9. I'm wondering what to do with the bus blog. I'll be walking every where or driving since I'll be leaving spitting distance from work, friends, etc. Not much fuel for blogging.

Sorry this almost final post couldn't be more inspiring.

2 Comments:

At 12:11 PM , Blogger Linds said...

Make it a foot blog.
There's material out there that needs to be commented on.

That being said, I'm sure those transit moements won't completely dissapear - on the seabus yesterday..."hey, if the boat went down, would you swim with your skateboard?" "Uh, yah" "Heh, It'd make you sink faster"...
?!
Welcome back to the west end!

 
At 11:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make it a "crazies on davie" blog... E and I walked Davie last night and it's always cra-zy (we stopped by your work too...but you were gone)

Here, I can start you off: "what drug makes them talk like the devil?..."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home