Thursday, March 30, 2006

the transit gods are kissing my ass

So I took the plunge and forked over the last of my savings for a VW fox on Monday. He's already on the road and insured and making funny noises. I was assured by my mechanic wizzo little brother that the two things I listed over the phone to him were easily fixable. I'm hoping he'll want to come to town to visit big sister and change my brake shoes or unsqueak my fan belt. Despite the existence of Tod in my life (I've named him after Tod, from the Fox and the Hound, my ultimate favourite pseudo-gay lovers Disney movie of all time), I've decided to continue taking the bus. For the earth, for my blog, and mostly for money. Gas is going to squirt up in cost this summer to disgusting prices and my insurance was that much cheaper if I don't drive foxy Tod to work daily. So I won't. So there.

The weird thing about taking the bus this week has been the relative loveliness of it all. It's as though the bus gods are smiling down on me, trying to get me to come back to their side of transit heaven, or shall I say hell most the time. The skytrains have been relatively dumbass free. The buses frequent. The experiences grand. Take this morning for instance. I was in the zone, taking the 'convoluted' (see below) way to work when I ran into my friend Mel at the Nanaimo stop. What a nice little encounter so early in the morning. Then there was the marathon bus sprinter who sprinted two blocks uphill to catch the #3 Main as I was on my way to pick up Tod. Seriously, the traffic was just so and the driver just kind enough that the aviator, hoody clad cutie was able to actually catch the bus while navigating his way past the hookers of the City Motor Hotel and the hippies of the Foundation. Love it!

So I'll continue to take the bus.

7 Comments:

At 11:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! Mel told me today about seeing you at Nanaimo, and I knew why!

But. I'm glad you came over to my side, the side of disliking the Westender. Man oh man, I miss Monday...

 
At 9:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

you were SO in the tranlink-zone, we were walking straight at each other and then you jet down the stairs... I have yet to be in this zone... I still take a tally of everyone on the bus everytime I get on and then analyze the people I find interesting :)

And Tod sounds awesome!

 
At 9:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

booyah bus babe, you've been busy! i haven't checked this in far too long and i had some catching up to do. i love the name tod. i love that it only has one d. i love the monosyllabic vibe. and i love that you went with the vw.
looks like my car (duke) is soon to be kidnapped. my folks want to buy a truck and for some reason they've convinced me to sell my car to them, and they will in turn sell it while i'm away (so i don't have to do the sad goodbye thing), and will then buy a truck which i can use when need be.
other car-related and badwagon related thoughts...you are by no means behind the times. i remember way back (5 years ago?) when you bought your seatbelt bag and it was (and still is) the coolest bag around (and red at that!). now everyone else wants to be like you. but fashion aside, you know what's important and true and real. and that's far more important than any trend.

 
At 7:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

MESSAGE

 
At 8:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello !.
might , probably very interested to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may start to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
AimTrust represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with structures everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your choice That`s what you really need!

I feel good, I started to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a correct companion utilizes your savings in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://viwesapi.maddsites.com/ywizyz.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to feel the smell of real money

 
At 1:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You re, I guess , probably curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no initial capital needed You may commense earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The company incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with structures everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your chance That`s what you really need!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a proper partner who uses your money in a right way - that`s it!.
I make 2G daily, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://ejyfurad.freecities.com/ewybysi.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

 
At 2:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!
You may probably be very curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
There is no need to invest much at first.
You may commense earning with a money that usually goes
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one company's work for several years,
and I'll be glad to let you know my secrets at my blog.

Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I earn 1000-2000 per daily now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home