Thursday, February 09, 2006

almost, finally, sometime

Bad blogger. Bad. I know. Don't start. Guilt is a big part of my life so I'm not looking for it here. November until now has been a bit of a shitshow in terms of the warpspeed at which my life travels and my decreasing time management skills. Christmas great in small town Alberta with mom: $10 cowboy boots, $3 belt buckles, 10 lbs. of baking and a blender top! Followed by a whirlwind, intense 48 hours of NYE mayhem with my bitches Elske, Taryn, Chelsea and Jeets (involving vodka, I know, slow learner, parties and a couple of trashed Fairmont hotel rooms). Then there was the trip to Whistler. One of my oldest friends had a baby: welcome to the world beautiful Molly. I've also organized one failed birthday party and decided to cut back to 3/4 time at my day job so that I can write more. All this happened between Dec. 23 - Jan 31. Whoa.

One of the reasons why I've been such a bad bus blogger is that I was considering purchasing a car. A 1985 Jetta or a 1986 Volvo turbo. I had some cold hard xmas bonus cash burning a hole in my pocket and wanted some wheels. Commercial and Broadway is a wealth of diversity and activity during the day but an absolute nightmare at night. So I started trying to find affordable, comfy and stereoed cars on Craigslist. Not as easy as I thought but there were prospects. Until the voice of reason that is my grandfather jumped in and told me about my cousins' newly purchased 1985 Jetta that went kaput faster than you can say sauerkraut soon after he took possession.

So after about three weeks of half-ass searching I decided, that no, like most commitments in life, this is another one I will avoid. Instead I'm going to New York in March for 8 days to explore Manhatten, Queens and the Bronx solo. I'll be staying with my old yankee travel mate Amber who I met in South Africa 3 years ago. Good times. Who needs a car anyways...

Tomorrow: 10 reasons why I heart the bus. Seriously.

2 Comments:

At 9:34 AM , Blogger Miranda said...

hello! long time no see. I'll be right across the border from you very soon? Spring break visit maybe?
Pls email me your blog address again (sheepish me).

 
At 11:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A post! A post! Yeah! I don't think I'll have a car anytime soon... yeah, it bugs me sometimes but it does just seem like it'll have the return on investment... however, males... totally different story. Miguel needs to own up! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home