Monday, August 08, 2005

too much vodka, my pink skirt and no volcano

I think I may be regressing a bit. Lately my life reminds me of high school in a lot of ways. I'm super busy with extra-curricular activity. I feel like playing basketball, but don't have the time and I'm prone to drinking too much alcohol. Cheap alcohol....

Saturday was going to involve a trip to Ikea - that bastion of faceless cool, yeah yeah. I needed to spend my hard earned tips on some cheap furniture. Unfortunately my ride, my trusty VW- driving-friend forgot all about me, so no furniture for me. Can I have some cheese with that please? Around 2pm on Saturday there was no way I was going to haul ass out to Coquitlam to then have to turn around bring my Gkojl table and Frnu chair back. So instead I hopped on the sky train and did some time on Robson St. Good for my ego (bought a skirt in my size from grade 9), bad for my bank balance.

After work on Saturday night was when the 16 year old reared her red hair and captured my mind for about 6 hours. Saturday was a semi-shitty day for me so I decided to deal by joining some co-servers for adult bevvies after work. This translates into pouring our Bellinis into kiddie cups and crashing a very young coworker's 21st drum'n'bass birthday party. There were about 5 of us swigging a 40lber of Vodka and cranberry on the way there and then to our fave gay disco afterwards. Not pretty. Let's just say that once again I was rescued by a cab driver and woke up at 11:30, 2pm and 4:30pm Sunday feeling like an egg on a Merritt sidewalk in July.

What made the hangover double shitty was that my plans to embrace my grownup, lefty-savetheworld ego on Sunday and attend the Under the Volcano music/activist fest in my favourite Van park, Cate's park were kyboshed. I tried really hard to rally my body into hopping on the #9 to go to North Van. I took a cold shower. I even started walking @ 2:30 to cath the bus. Bikini packed, sunscreen on, stomach muttering, "Fuck you! I'll show you to drink crown and vodka piled in the back of a car with three other drunkards." I had to admit defeat and turn around back home, to the porcelain god, then to bed. So alas my weekend was a bust, save the for the cute-as-hell pink skirt that makes me feel 16 again - sans vodka blackout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home