Wednesday, July 27, 2005

The Sea Train

My friend Elske always teases me because I have transit dylexia. That is I get the names of Vancouver's translink vestibules wrong. Lately, your girl-about-transit-town (aka me) has been taking the Sea bus between North Van and downtown because she's homeless. My roomie is renvoating and as a result I get to stay in lovely North Van and take yet another distinct form of 'the looser cruiser'.

I call it the Sea Train. Not to be mistaken for the Sky Bus (aka the Skytrain). The Sea Train sounds like an Earth, Wind and Fire song from 1978. I much prefer it to the Sea Bus, which for some reason draws up visuals of adults in diapers and creamed broccoli.

Speaking of broccoli...I've been meaning to start this blog for a while. I am the proud owner of a one zone translink pass. Besides work and sleep, I would say my time spent riding various forms of transit is the third largest time sucker in my life. I live in East Van, approximately a 20 min car ride from all things I like and must do (job, 2nd job, boy, Main Street, the beach) so I spend copius amounts of time on the bus. Some highlights I've been saving to share with you from my 7 months of yanking the transit chain include: gout in gastown, junkie-shit smudges on the back seat and the international campaign against home-made doorags.

More later...

1 Comments:

At 8:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.funboatshow.org/
formula boat saleAs we know so well brokers are eager to close the sale as rapidly as
boat for sale in floridaAs we know so well brokers are eager to close the sale as rapidly as,

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home