Tuesday, July 18, 2006

sunshine, freckles, driving and ferries

I've made a pact with myself to drink more, work less and write prolifically. So far the working less and drinking more is going really well. Summer is in full swing and I've already broke a million writing pacts with myself. But oh well. I'm still writing, just not that much. I'm not feeling much these days, let alone guilt.

The bus rides in the westend are generally faboo - tales of crazies don't compare to East Van.

Last weekend the boy and I went to Vancouver Island for a wedding. We explored Nanaimo, Ladysmith, Coombs, the Nanaimo river and Little Qualicum falls. The wedding rocked. The bride was natural and giggly. The groom was super hero-esque and nervous. The food was good and the music and setting better. The Parallels played sweet cover tunes while I attemted to coordinate my groove-moves after litres of home made red wine. The ferry rides were awesome even though we had to wait two sailings (one there, one back). Oh well. I luckily had only one little travel melt down - which in my view isn't so bad after spending more than 48 hours with the same person.

Coombs was great and full of goats, goat ball closeup photos and wannabe Hells Angels. The Crow and Gate was fantastic and full of fatty, lovely British Fair. And if anyone is within 100 miles of the Cobble Hill area I reccommend grabbing as much Merridale Cider as possible.

Summer time is for taking buses irregularly, forest getaways and attempts at (un)focusing one's life. I can't wait for more.

4 Comments:

At 1:41 PM , Blogger Dawn and Fred plus one said...

I think one outburst per 48 hours per person is totally fine! Don't give it a second thought. I miss coombs!!

 
At 5:02 PM , Blogger Linds said...

I love merridale cider...

 
At 2:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can imagine it all ... awe.. I miss the island sometimes :)

 
At 2:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like pacts that start with drink more.
and i also like (hmm, maybe that's not the right word) sharing melt-downs with loved ones. few moments can bring you closer together. it's like you're letting miguel in on a secret (shh, don't tell, i'm human. and by the way, being human means having low blood sugar sometimes, and not always being the best navigator).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home