Friday, June 09, 2006

lazy girl

Does anyone know anyone from Ontario who things that Toronto time is the centre of the world? One of these people called me at 6:30 this morning. I was sleeping peacefully when someone from Time Magazine in Toronto called. I had left them a message the other day wanting to contact their ed and the office assistant called me at 9:30 their time. When she realized what ungodly hour it was for me she apologized, saying, "I hope this isn't too early." Of course it is honey, do you think I'm a farmer? Grrrr.

Friday finds:
  • Shepherd Pairey's new mural in LA. Check it out here. Love it. I'm not that much of a brand whore but I do love most of Obey's art. Especially my commandante Marcos bag.
  • #5 Robson. I was late this morning because I slept in after the early call so I took the bus to work. Lovely. Lots of Davie Street eye candy. For the most part it was a very civil (save for the over- cuddly German tourists).
  • Ever wonder why lazy boys weren't called lazy girls? Cause there aren't a lot of lazy girls out there. Most girls can out multi-task any guy.
  • Le chat Noir. I went there for lunch today. I had their eggs benny topped with hollandaise that was perfectly citrusy and fluffy. It's a slightly stodgy counter-service cafe but what broke things up was the Premier Gaou blasting on the sound system. One of the girls working the counter seemed to be West African. We were equally impressed with each other: me because she was playing one of my fave African bands, she because I knew who Premier Gaou was. It was a very Joburg/Montreal moment.

2 Comments:

At 12:04 AM , Blogger elaine said...

still, it is good that Time is calling you back, right. the only time Time would call me was to see if I wanted to subscribe. Hi Miranda.

 
At 11:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh honey I wish they were calling me for something exciting. In fact they called because I left a message for their editorial department. I was just working on some media relations research I do for some treehuggers.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home