Friday, September 15, 2006

how quickly....

one forgets the sights, sounds and experiences of the bus. It's been a good couple months since I rode a distance longer than a kilometre in a bus. I dropped the fox off at the mechanic's this morning so she could get some new shocks and cv boots. On the way back home I took the Fraser #8.

Things I forgot about the bus:
  • Toothless and giggling men talk to themselves for the duration of the ride.
  • It smells like a cross between cabbage rolls, coffee, perfume and morning breath;
  • Bus seats are the best for reading.

Fall is setting in and I'm digging out my warm clothes (closed toed shoes, sweaters, hoodies, leg warmers). The cold has made me sad the last couple of days. I think I'm going to have to start visiting the vitamin D oven. I love the colours and smells and 'freshness' of autumn but man I'm a wimp when it comes to the cold. Hopefully the legwarmers and extra layer of flesh I'm cultivating will help.

2 Comments:

At 10:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I'm due for a bus ride one of these days too. Sigh... I miss all the people who've gone insane...

 
At 9:31 AM , Blogger Linds said...

I love fall. Perhaps it's because I was born at this time or maybe it's the coming of ski season or maybe it's because deep down inside I truly believe that long short and shorts, layered shirts and a toque and a scarf really do look hot. All the same, I fear what December will bring. That last hot day in the shuswap was sad, knowing that it would be a long time until we could wear so little and be so comforatble.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home