Thursday, October 05, 2006

good burn


I am so sore today I can barely stand up and sit down without yelps of pain or holding on to something to use as a hand railing. I wish my bathroom was handicapped one and that my bed was really high so I could just fall on it. Don't even ask how I'm going to get up from typing this. But it's a good kind of burn.

Last night Mel, Lindsay and I took a free boxing lesson at the Scotia Bank Dance Centre. It was awesome to feel my heart pumping and to sweat like man. There was a lot of interval training - holding super hard poses like the plank for 1-2 minutes and then punching and ducking drills. The regulars were really nice to us. They gave us tips and the instructor was super positive. We were all doofuses. I couldn't even get Mohammed Ali's "Punch like a butterfly, sting like a bee" (or however it goes) down pat. Halfway through the class I tried to sprint to the bathroom for somewater and my legs almost gave out on me. It was like the scene in "Best in Show" when Catherine O'Hara gibbles her knee. Remember how rubbery her legs were? That was me.

So fun. So painful. So bloody out of shape.

I think I'll go again.

2 Comments:

At 4:59 PM , Blogger Linds said...

I can't believe how hard moving from the sitting to standing position is...

I'm game to go again when I return though.
feel that burn! (muscle spasm, hernia, whatever..)

 
At 4:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry...
[b][url="http://hydrocodone.dewall.info "]oxycodone vs hydrocodone[/url][/b]

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home