Thursday, June 21, 2007

bridge and viaduct crowd


Every single trip over the Georgia Viaduct or the Cambie, Burrard or Granville bridges I feel like I'm in a big city. Does anyone else feel that way?

Whether I'm in a car or on foot or on a bus, I always feel so cosmo zooming over their expanse. I know - it's a little sad that I associate large concrete roadways over polluted little False Creek as vanguards of Vancouver's metropolitaness. I think this association is left over from living in Johannesburg. Flying over that city, the view is nothing but a mess of curly over passes and six lane, circular roads. The Nelson Mandela Bridge isn't so bad either. If I'm going to fall in love with Vancouver finally after all these years/months, I might as well heart its uglier parts as well as it's pretty ones (namely, what I refer to as Vancouver's tits and ass: our mountains and ocean.

Next week I will volunteer at my 4th BEST pancake breakfast. If any Vancouverites who ride, walk or skytrain to work want to nosh on free pancakes, organic coffee/maple syrup then join me June 27. The breakfast happens @ the 200 Granville Plaza right near the Waterfront skytrain station. I'll be there early with bells on and pancake batter smeared across my shirt no doubt.
Pssssst. Summer's here. Go for a picnic. Make out on a bench. Pick some flowers. Take road trips south.

2 Comments:

At 11:45 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Or (re: summer is here), come to Montreal and listen to free jazz music while drinking in the streets!

 
At 9:49 AM , Blogger Mother of all Tangents said...

Hell yeah, make road trips south! I'm down here getting buzzed on morning coffees and zipping around parks, making out in meadows. Very much trying to grow my own flowers here so the yard is alive. And we have two racks of T (Cascades & Olympics) and all sorts of A flowin' around. Let's pencil in a weekend, Mir!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home