Friday, March 09, 2007

l'hermitage


I have a good case of the hermits this weekend. As in I want to do stay in, in, in. I'm saving myself for next weekend. Spring is here and I'm getting the itch. I'm super lucky to venture for a mini-vac to scratch it next weekend in Ottawa/Montreal (Simon's look out!).

So some of you are looking for different updates on la vida loca de Miranda. Not so loco I'm afraid.

My friends the McCue-lums (Mel &Jamie) and their wee Molly were in town last week. Molly is the cutest and can store large amounts of yoghurt in her cheeks as you can see here.

Have I mentioned that I'm off the booze for 40 days and nights? Once a year I resemble some sort of Catholic and like to give something up for lent. This year it's wheat and booze. The booze program is way easier than wheat. I crave burgers and fluffy pancakes way more than a glass of shiraz. I've forfeited glasses of Moet for a bite or two of tiramisu. That's why i gave up two things - I knew/hoped I'd steer clear of at least one vice.

Despite the sobriety, I considered kidnapping the lead singer of Rascal Flatts for Mel K last weekend. After work last Saturday night I drove to East Van to a house party and drove by at least 8 tour buses and 5 big rigs for equipment all belonging to Rascal Flatts. (That band alone is responsible for the hole in the ozone hole forming over the Patagonia or hurricane Debbie. I hope they're doing some sort of carbon-off set by sponsoring some sort of eco-country guitar camp in Ethiopia). I considered stopping, seducing a roadie and then nabbing the lead singer or the drummer for Mel. And then I shook my head, stopped rubber necking and continued to drive. Mel, I loveya but I just couldn't bat my eyes or flash some of my fab bosom so that you could make out with a 'new country' star with frosted tips.

I've found a new televised addiction. HBO's "The Wire". I've been looking for a tv series to latch on to and boy this is it. It has everything: Baltimore, drugs, hot black men, big SUVs, drunken cops and lesbian dectectives. What more could you want from a cop drama? Check it out if you can. My favourite character so far is Omar, the vigilante-gay-crack-dealer who's lover is shot, mutliated and displayed in his opponent's territory. Now this is good television America. I had no idea Maryland was so liberal.
Some movie reviews for the last two weeks:

Daddy's little girls - pro: Idris Elba con: add-cliche-and-stir script

The lives of others - pro: the main character, super spy Weissler bucks German stereotypes. Con: some pale pale wintery nudity

Shut up and sing - Pro: Natalie Maines staring at the camera "You're fucking stupid" referring to Dubya Con: none, except if you count the $14 I'm about to spend on their album because I luuurv them now.

2 Comments:

At 3:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Friiiiiiiiiiiiig. I wish I would have been there or at least in the city to have answered your text !! :)

 
At 5:26 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

no booze or wheat for lent? no MTL bagels! no microbrews! no worries, there are PLENTY lent-friendly activities and mucho food for us to enjoy! can't wait!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home